Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Little dramas....

Sometimes one just to get naughty and that is exactly what I have been feeling like of late. Trying to get myself in between my books and my social life has been the worst case scenario, its like trying to squeeze water out of a stone! Let me give you some crazy scenario minus that one of squeezing water out of a stone...

1. You have assignments and want to just rest a bit so that you can wake up fresh to embark on the due diligence, instead when you close your eyes, all you can see are those assignment needless to say, they are not like a lullaby but a nightmare! You cant sleep, yet your eyes are begging to you to take a rest...so what do to?

2. You plan the week so well, such that you even know quite well what you will be doing and at what time, what happens, what happens, you end up doing the complete opposite, well, still end up doing what you intended to do, but in the reverse manner and why? Take for example the assignments, say they are to be handed in next week and because you pissed off the lecturer, he decided that next week is like a century away and needed the assignment like tomorrow morning, the same morning you are to hand in another one which of course, Kenyan style, is being done, last minute rush. Take into account, you had 4 weeks to complete it and kept postponing it...yes, postponing is the word I have used. Postponing is a word that can bring disaster, in such cases as that stated above! That is when, the sleep decides to come, when you don't need it, you even try the coffee move and the feet-in-cold-water basin stride which all seemingly are failing you...What to do?

3.You want to go out and have a bunch of deadline, the opportunity cost of going out vis-a-vis finishing what really brought you into that position you are in.....what to do? I tell you my brother, that has been me the past few weeks...and I forgot, despite having a one week break during the election period, you not only benefit from sleepless nights like you were also vying but also the rising pressure that was building then...what happened, only a few chapters read, instead of the many that were targeted....what to do?

But I have learnt that despite all these, one has to set ultimatum otherwise you become disillusioned and confused, like I see in some during the kind of stage I have reached, I was alerted that by now I should have unkempt hair...well, at least mine is neat so I know am sane, sane enough to at least finish this blog, not sure if it makes sense though but am glad I wrote it anyway...it has released some tensions that I had built over the past few weeks...and by the way, when I started out writing, I had no intentions of writing what I wrote, I had a clearly laid down structure, of what I will write about, which topic...but no, that did not happen!

But all in all, perhaps one day I will write and share with you what I was to write today, if it will come just as spontaneously as what I did today....trust me its juicy stuff, only perhaps my head was not so sure if it is the right time to share it......

No comments:

Post a Comment