Sunday, September 1, 2013

Drama is.....

Drama unfolds, but this one is more than drama. Not sure if it should have a different name from the drama. Lets just says, 2013 has flown....literary...its already September just the other day we were talking Christmas and arguing with my son on whether or not I should buy him clothes. Well don't give me that look, sometimes you cant just buy clothes because its Christmas, for him, every other day is Christmas, I buy him clothes so buying new ones last Christmas was a thing to discuss? Well maybe not.... But anyway, back to the drama or something of the sort,drama is when things happen unexpectedly, like the year 2013 reaching September without my knowledge? Is it that I have been too busy with my latest addiction till I forgot the dates? Okay I must admit, I have been home only 3 times this year, meaning I only got to see very little of my son. Okay and the few times he has come to my school. I must admit, cell phones have made life easier and I get to talk to him everyday or let me call it almost everyday. Drama is when your son calls you a month after you replaced his wardrobe to tell you that he needs new clothes since he has sort of added weight. Yes, I feel like I have gone back to that age when he was between 1-3 years when I could buy clothes and shoes every 3 months....this is what has become the conversation during the phone calls, shoes and clothes and description of which type of clothes and shoes are needed. Uhhm! He is about to enter his teenage, so am expected to know the fashion trends and be able to keep up so as not to buy clothes that he may never wear...now that is drama if you combine it with books.... Drama is trying to read,when you have a test tomorrow, and trying to be busy typing away, okay I have read and I needed a break so why not type it away? I love blogging or perhaps just typing stuff, it reduces my dramas a bit....trims them to an unacceptable level, a level I can manage....... Drama is trying to convince someone to juggle between watching TV ( 3 channels at the same time), typing and chatting...that is exactly what I am being subjected to at this particular moment. I am about to send a protest letter to the TV stations to avoid collusion of time with my favorite programs...how can I give up Churchill, a great comedy show for TPF6 another great form of entertainment the equivalent of American idol? Like really and Arsenal is playing? Plus I need to finish my test revision and still do one document review? Now that is a bigger drama....calculating....Prioritization? Key word...but what comes first in this case? A bit confusing!! Drama is just about to end this typing session because I have discovered, after a lot of soul searching, that it may not be so much my priority area right now...ooops! Cheers later...gotta run!

3 comments:

  1. Hehehehe...Just sell your TV. You will have enough time for test and yu shall talk to your son for hours on phone. Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan, I tried that last year...when I did, it almost costed me my son's visit...I told him I have no TV...he asked me what he was coming to do then? I quickly bought one...the current one I have!

      Delete
    2. But am coping well so far...just that one day was crazy!

      Delete