Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I lost trackof time....totally and completely!!!

Since motherhood started, did I write motherhood, yes I did!! It has been a focus between the baby and myself. She is no longer a baby but heading to being a toddler but I can tell you for free it isn't easy!! It had taken me years since I held one of my own in my arms. It felt like a totally new experience. I can now confidently state that every child in their own way is special to their own needs and requirements. This one being a girl also needs attention, she is all smiley but can get grumpy from time to time especially with lack of sleep and/ or hunger, if you think about it, a combination of the two would be a nightmare right in the middle of day! But am back!!!!

Anyway, all said and done, this journey has not been easy from making me feel completely useless to being too energetic for my own self!! Being a mother, wife, student and employee has taught me one thing in life, you can never be all that without hurting one or two items on your list. For someone like me who family is more than important and again a workaholic, it becomes difficult at times to strike a balance between the two. However, I have learnt that so far, you need to leave your office life at the office door the moment you are out of your workplace and put on the mum cap from then till when you leave your house/ home door the next day. Kids need attention and so does your work. If you have an understanding husband and boss then you are safe if one of them is not, you are in big trouble. Above all pray that you have a loving and understanding husband rather than boss since you can do away with your boss when need be but your family remains.

Too much said and done, my boy finally got a sister who is now 7 months and growing fast!!! I will soon have to sit down and listen to lots of stories as she is already in the gagaga stage and trust me, its a lot of gagagaga and I simply love it!

Next, what makes you tick?

No comments:

Post a Comment