Wednesday, December 17, 2014

This Christmas

Last time I checked I was too busy to even finish my blog...not today, I have all the time, stolen time, yes I decided its time for me to spruce up myself and steal time where I can to at least do what I love doing!

The holidays are here, I am not complaining, this year the big boss has been kind enough to allow us take some two weeks off! Truly deserved, and I needed it, I will surely utilize it and fully will. I cant wait for the holiday to start, I already switched to this mood two weeks ago...but again, being with my family is even more important...only sad thing is that I will be going one direction while he will be going another, but I know one day we will all be going the same direction to celebrate as a family!I have learnt in the past few months that you may not get all the time you need to rest but you can always make time to do stuff, even if its for a few minutes.....or seconds...and for these I thank God for giving me friends who understand me and at all times have been supportive. I will not mention my family since they have had to put up with much more than I have ever imagine during the whole of this year from changing circumcision dates for my son to changing dates of his grown up bash!


Now onto that, I am a totally proud mother, on the 24th of December, 2014, my son will be a totally grown man, the initiation ceremony will have been completed with his manhood bash that am sure he cant wait to have. He has been calling almost all the time to ask when I will be home so that I he can shave his hair. Tradition has it that he may not shave his hair until he is done with the ceremony....well am not sure why...and the more the reason I will continue with this practice! I understand its to shave away his childhood and welcome him to his manhood...well that is what I have been told and it will stick that way.Although sometimes I still question it! Anyway, I cant wait for him to be out, to finally stand on his two feet. I have seen him grow, when he could just fit right on my laps to the time when he knew he was being moved beds and could wake up immediately I put him in his court, to his first walk and continuous running, didn't he run! He always had a permanent mark on his forehead and we called it 'The torch' since it was right on his forehead. It only healed after he learnt not to run! Sometimes I feel, he used to run since when he was younger he could be told to sit in one location to avoid getting dirty! Why did we even give him that theory in the first place? When he learnt to walk he quickly ran, and when ran he ran and he loved it so much when we could chase after him! It was so hectic that I had to device a method of feeding him, by placing him somewhere where he could not run, otherwise we could all run trying to feed him! My son, he is all grown up now, he can do so much for himself. I feel proud that he can actually go to school on his own! Next year he sits his Primary school certificate exams...soon he will do his O Levels...and then graduate college! I cant wait for all the above to happen. 13 years feels like yesterday since I can still feel him laying on my laps, while I breast fed him! A tiny tot! Now a big boy...no a man!

The tough times, I have had for this year, the fun times, cry baby moments and the growth experienced, I thank God for it! For the family, friends, close friends, my partner in crime, you know yourself, and relatives, I thank God for all of you. Being the people in my circle is not one of the easiest thing but you have helped me through out the year and I celebrate all of you!


To all the single parents out there, single parenting is tough, when you make choices you stick by them and sticking by them is one of the toughest thing to do! It takes strength to make these, but with God all is possible! Keep up the faith.

Holidays, holidays, happy holidays...keeping slim and fit for 2015! Happy holidays people!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, happy holidays to us single mums.Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Mo, follow my blog and share with your friends too!

    ReplyDelete