Thursday, December 18, 2014

Will I ever?

Today am down low,I have never sat in front of a computer and done nothing....not even Facebook jazzes me today! I am drained, and awaiting a conference call that would otherwise last an hour! I need strength to see myself through the next one and a half hours! Yes its 1530 hours, we check out of office at 1700 hours! How can a minute be that long? It actually feels like an hour! Either I am so drained or something is not right today. I will choose to go with the so drained bit since I know everything is right! Maybe not 100% but its alright. Now, I am contemplating skiving the office! Ok skiving is not when you start packing your bags and leave office when everyone know youre leaving, skiving is skiving, just that! Today I thought and did, I thought of leaving the office, keeping in mind I will be home in time for the hour long conference call...I am still waiting for it, that is why I am idle enough to even type something up!Can you imagine, I am even signing in my email to just check if the caller cancelled or decided otherwise! Yaani, either am too naive or I think that all people are kind enough to request for a reschedule in good time!

Well that aside, I thought of skiving, and when I was thinking, I actually got myself shutting down my laptop, packing my bags and standing up to leave! I cant believe I did that. But honestly, its high time offices gave staff a time out! I can easily work and deliver from home. Maybe not always but well, at least 50% of the time when am not in the least bit required in the office but for my presence! Now when I grow up, and I am my own boss, I will have flexi hours in my company, I will not force staff to come to the office, just for show, and stare at their computers or laptop like I did today! I can tell you for sure, my head was tired, not just my head, but mind! Fatigue of the mind is worse than that of the body, because what it does, you just shut down, you cant eat, you cant talk, you cant listen, you cant concentrate, in short you're a dodo! Yes I said a dodo....a dodo...its significance according to Wikipedia is that one of the best-known extinct animals and its singular appearance led to its use in literature and popular culture as a symbol of an outdated concept or object, as in the expression "dead as a dodo," which has come to mean unquestionably dead or obsolete. Similarly, the phrase "to go the way of the dodo" means to become extinct or obsolete, to fall out of common usage or practice, or to become a thing of the past! I will stick to the first description.


In short, I have a brief message, when your staff are tired, let them go home and be obsolete there not in your office. When someone can even Facebook, give them leave and I mean like make them go on holiday or something...all in all, I close my year tomorrow and I cant wait to go home....and trust me its for holiday, I have no holiday because other deadlines await me! All in all, I will be away from my office and for the first time in six years, I will have an auto-respond message stating that I will be away. I honestly have never had one of those, so am still excited, tired but excited. Apparently am not even sure if the call was cancelled, postponed or ? And one other thing, I will add courtesy to my office...communication has to be well done! Let me rest for a while....a while could be 2-4 hours then awake for other deadlines...for now please stay constructive...if things a thick at the office and you cant think, talk a walk! I did not just say that!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you got to enjoy the much needed rest :-)
    Happy new year full of energy and psyche!

    ReplyDelete