Monday, August 6, 2012

Flowers and proposals? Hmmmm....

The past 3 weeks have been interesting ones..... I term them as interesting as it saw me receiving a bonquet of flowers for the first time ever of rare flowers. Not the usual suspects and they were beautiful. i absolutely loved them. The other thing was the number of proposals I received that ranged from I want to sleep with you to I just want to marry you...of course I did not take them seriously as usual since these are people you meet just once and they have given you a history of themselves, where they are at and what they want to do with you. I am not saying that it is a bad thing no...on the other hand I believe its a good thing...no actually a great thing since I get to hear the opinions of people that I never thought I never dreamt of listening to or even interaction with....And more or so, the beauty of hearing someone speaking their mind and heart out. I have been told many a time that I have a script I read from, not sure why and even which one, but perhaps due to the fact that I can clearly handle the other species well when am interacting with them. Of late, I have had too much of that experience. Too much that I am thinking that it would be a great idea to write a play in the name of How to Make a business partner with no strings attached!!!- In a man's world, things are normally regarded as okay when a female species responds and agrees to everything that a male species tends to put on the table. In my world, I have learnt to take the things that are put on my table and turn them to either favor me and/or the other party without necessariry hurting anyone in the business circles. Hate or love it being a woman in an influential position has its own repercussions which sometimes are not really the best considering that some in these position are well respectable people. Sometimes you may wonder how you can clearly draw the line between business and pleasure? That line it thin I can tell you....why I am telling you all these? Is it that I have fallen prey and at times decided to have more pleasure than the business itself? Is it that sometimes I get annoyed and walk out of any potential and would be predator ( business partner) and hence jeopardizing the business environment created for and by the company for this client? Well a lot maybe said and done but hello? Wake up in my world, its a balancing act, so far its been well...hence the script bit...I hear that a lot. At times getting challenged by well positioned people to either hang out with them or loose the deal. By hanging out I dont just mean going out but to the extent of sleeping with them. Ask me why I have a heart of stone sometimes, caring less about what people feel...and I would tell you its the above experience that has turned me to be so. I however to not take it home...I leave it at the doorstep of my office and when I get home...I am a mother, a great mother for that matter...strict though... Next...writing my own scriptures?

No comments:

Post a Comment