Saturday, September 1, 2012

The little great things....

I have many a time mentioned in my hang out circles that most of things in life never come easy...no they do not,you have to work hard and I mean extra hard. The last two weeks have been more like a trying time for me and full of adventure too. From being told that showering is a way to reduce weight as the skin sheds off. Wherever that came from ( as I have never had of that) to being offered a job in some foreign weird place to getting my acceptance letter for my M Sc. which all made one confused person not knowing what to take and what to rejected. Anyway I must say I have respect for those guys who do not shower, reason, they have 1001 ways of avoiding water. This is one of the latest adventure stories I have heard!!! Read the below carefully and tell me why even you shouldnt join this band wagon (lolest): 1. Showering causes weight loss why, a layer of your body ( read dirt) is shed of hence causing the weight loss. Now how does this happen. I was with the notion that unless it was hot boiling water one is using so that all the fat could have melted upon one emersing him/ herself in the hot water then the slimming session would begin but again wouldnt one be burnt during such an exercise? 2. Big people dont shower as much as they cannot reach all their body parts hence the uneven growth of some areas??? Seriously, like okay am not even sure what to say about this one...really this guy is from Mars 3. That why do we see a lot of stuff when showering ( dark stuff- read a lot of dirt)I only concluded one thing, that either this particular person does not shower and even if they do its after the longest time ever... Trying to argue the above out proved to be futile so I had to end that conversation trying to explain that I shower twice a day and I have never grown thin...and I was told that is why I dont seem to add weight??? That is the best nonsense I had heard in the longest time. Then came the job offer, this was something that even I was tempted and I mean really tempted to just take up. Packing my bags would have been easy I must say but wait, do you just wake up one day and pack your bags to a foreign country just because you have been offered a very attractive package? As a young person I would say, yes I would but as a mother I would think twice....perhaps eve thrice. Two things were happening at the same time...having this great opportunity but at the same time having an even more greater opportunity to further my career though at my normal rate here in Kenya. Furthering it by having an international exposure, yes I have been offered to present as a Key note address speaker at an international conference... I sit in various committees and of late more offers are coming up..This is a trying time and I had never in my life prayed to God to relieve me of some of the duties by not letting me turn them down but have the offerers let me know that perhaps I should wait a little longer. Well I must say prayers are a great things, for those who havent started praying for anything yet, please pray and act as you do...so far I must say all in course and am not going to travel anyway as I am here to stay and further myself locally. I know a time will come when I will have to accept or turn down the offers myself...and I cant wait for that time...for now I have been asked to wait...as I prepare myself more to accept these opportunities in the near future...just not sure how near near is...but am sure God knows best!! It has been a true marathon for me...and above all I thank God... I still know I have the scriptures to write...yes the scriptures that I talked about last time...the book that my so called followers seem to have a better idea that I read from..perhaps next time I will write about these...as I unveil another blog of my high school love letters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment