Thursday, November 22, 2012

A costly Crush Program......

Last time I checked I was boarding a bus to Mbarara, Uganda....yeah that is a long time like mid September. I had weighed my options, it was either I fly to Entebbe then take a bus to Mbarara, that would mean that I had to not only travel to Nairobi from Nakuru ( 2.5hours) then check into the airport ( 3hours) not to forget the traffic jam in Nairobi ( 2hours) a total of 7.5 hours) flight time about 1 hour and a bus to Entebbe ( 5 hours) waiting for the bus to get full ( 2hours perhaps) With all the above I would have spent about 12.5 hours which is equivalent to me taking a bus from Nakuru and directly heading to Mbarara, plus anyway I was tired of flying. Honestly I was tired. Well, I went to Mbarara on a Wednesday night arriving Thursday morning, straight into a training and same day back to Kampala to prepare for another training in Busia the following day. Let me just say that, the Kampala evening was the best out of the 2 night I spent traveling to and from Uganda, this is another blog by itself! I must say I felt like Superwoman that weekend.....only for disaster to strike while I arrived home ( Kenya)

Well, I had a bad feelings when I arrived in Nakuru that Saturday at the wee hours of the morning, some would call it Friday night. I somehow took my time waiting for a cab at the station, which was not normal for me. On normal accounts, a cab would be waiting for me. Well, a colleague was to pick me up but I cancelled last minute knowing the time I would be arriving hence did not want to inconvenience him. Where was I, yes the bad feeling. I arrived home, and a sudden sort of fear engulfed me, nothing of the sort has happened to me in a very long time...since I cant remember when. Somehow, I went straight to my kitchen and voila! My kitchen door was open. At  some point I tried to figure out if I had left it like so but noooo....I slowly walked towards it...what struck me was the broken glasses on the floor, and instantly I knew I had been robbed! A burglary, seriously, on 3rd floor? Back door? On quickly glancing around what I noticed was just my gas cylinder missing! Well at that point I didnt think it important to worry about my stomach. then I saw footprints that were still went. I quickly called the watchman, yes tat place has a watchman.....just wondering!I had to ask him to ask check all my rooms just to ensure the thug whoever it was, was not still in my house....Inspection inspection inspection! Laptop one missing, laptop two missing,.....camera gone...new pair of shoes gone...plus the gas cylinder!! Everything else intact...oh plus my hard disk drive!! Argh! The last one is what just "finished me" yes I say finished me, because it carried all my data! All my data and 4 years work plus all the memories of places I have been too ( pictures I mean).....It was devastating....I didnt know whether to cry or cry....I just went blank! I couldnt sleep. This is when I wished I had just spent the weekend in Kampala and came back and shortlived my house so that I could wish it to all go away!

I thought I was in a bad dream...no nightmare and that when I sleep and wake up I would go to my laptop bags and at least get my HDD!!!

Well it didnt just happen! I had to live with that nightmare for the next 4 weeks, bad dreams of someone coming back for the rest of my house stuff...consider I wasnt even in that house for the next 4 weeks, because of why...( know its bad Kenyan English, you dont have to tell me), you guessed right, I took another business trip to the land of Kabila then to I had to kiss Sata before coming back...One thing remained engraved in my mind, I seem to look at all those guys who were around me in Nakuru as thugs...imagine even my "friends"....can you blame a girl.... Police officers did not make it easier as they did not even recover the stolen property as usual, I had to even offer them transport to come examine the crime scene ( like really???) I PAY TAX!!!!! Yenyewe, that was just tops!

Costly, I must say....I had to invite one of cousins to stay in my house, had to feed her, had to try and even get some electrician put some electric sort of fence at my back, which by the way, never worked! I had to keep calling all the time to find out if the doors were locked...its was a crazy period I must say...

One thing remained, as much as I had nightmare, there is always a good ending to a bad dream....that I will tell you tomorrow and am living it now...has other dramas...but well, I must say I am coping well...trying to re-build from where I lost...building something bigger and better.......

No comments:

Post a Comment